Followers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oh Man!! Less than 4 weeks!!

Well, my hike is coming up soon, and I am ready. I think. I mean how can anyone really be ready? It is not a "normal " thing for a person to want to hike 2,600 miles. However, it is the only normal I know and want to know. Thru hiking is a wonderful thing. I have only thru hiked the Colorado Trail twice, a Trail that is much shorter, and I have no idea the challenges and wonders a bigger thru hike like the PCT brings, but I do know one thing. I am so excited to start and even more excited to meet the person I will become after and if I complete this thru hike. I am ready for this section in my life and I am worried, but that only makes me want it even more. I am going to start hiking on the 21st of April. I pray that the snow in the sierras will begin to melt some so that I may trek through it, that my legs wont fall off, that the snakes, spiders,rats, and scorpions in the desert find new homes while I am trekking in the Movae :) Yes, I am a very strong, athletic and outdoor focused girl, but I hate spiders,snakes and scorpions. Oh man do they freak me out! Anyways, this next month will go by very fast and I intend on focusing on keeping my body strong and healthy, playing with my best friend Nauk dog, and preparing my head as much as I can. My dad will be dropping me at the Mexican/California Border on April 21st and from there I will be headed to British Columbia..

No comments:

Post a Comment