Followers

Sunday, September 16, 2012

189 miles to Canada!!

I have once again found myself in Skykomish, Washington, last year this is the place where I made the decision to leave the PCT and today here in Skykomish I can say I am continuing north on the PCT and I am going to get to Canada!! There is a waterfall of emotions running through me today, I am scared to keep going, scared to finish, but so happy to finally complete this journey, I feel overwhelmed with emotions and its hard to sit here and reflect on last year. So much has happened in the last year and I am a different girl then last time I sat here, a very different girl. In 11 days I will be in Canada and I will have completed the PCT, what next, where will I go, what will I feel. I have wondered how I will feel getting to the end for so long now, I have hiked 5,000 miles on the PCT and it brings me to tears to think about finally getting to the end. I have lost so much along the miles out here, I have felt so lonely, so weak, tired, hungry, thirsty, sad, and miserable, but I have also felt strong, felt content and happy, every emotion one can experience I have out here. I have seen beauty that occurs only in the best of dreams, I have seen the grace and power of the wild and I am so lucky for that. I have measured myself in the hardest of ways, I have experienced so much on this trail, great people, great landscapes, and the thoughts that come to me are powerful out here, they have defined who I am as a person and who I hope to be. That is all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment