Followers

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Alaska to Patagonia: May 2014



I am leaving for this journey in May of 2014. I will start in Barrow, Alaska, make my way southeast down into the Yukon.  I will trek from the Yukon into British Columbia, where I will pick up the Great Divide Trail, that leads me to Glacier National Park. In Glacier, I will start my thru hike on the Continental Divide Trail south through the United States. At the southern terminus of the CDT, on the New Mexico/Mexico border, I will pick up a bike, and bike the entire length of the Pan America Highway into Guatemala. Once in Central America, I will trek from Guatemala to Panama. Still working on what will happen from Panama into and around Columbia. There is so much danger in some of these areas and I need to figure out how to trek around potentially dangerous territory. I might  kayak around Columbia into Ecuador. I am not sure yet. I would like to spend as much time on foot and climbing through the Andes once in South America, not just backpacking, but climbing peaks and enjoying that mountain range, after all it is one of the most amazing mountain ranges in the world. If I leave in 2014, I would be in Chile, hopefully within 3 and a half years. My great buddy from the my PCT thru hike will be joining me for this journey. 
I would like to do community outreach in places along the way, presenting about CASA and spreading their mission in places that have never heard of such an idea or organization. This will be the bulk of my hike and the reason for this western hemisphere trip. I believe I should give back, help others and make a difference. I will hopefully help start CASA programs in places that lack such programs, spread awareness about CASA and help build healthier and more aware communities. It is just in the beginning works of planning, but it is going to happen, I am going to trek from Alaska to Patagonia. 

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome !! I am 16 years old and can not think about anything else than to hike this Trail !! Please invite me to your great Adventure ����

    ReplyDelete