Followers

Monday, April 25, 2011

Well, here comes the PCT

Tomorow, I leave to fly to San Diego, and thrusday morning I start at the Mexican Border!! I wish I could honestly say that I am excited, but I am filled with so many other emotions, excitment being the last one. I have been waiting, planning, researching and preparing for this day for years and there is many more emotions, concerns and worries than I ever thought possible. I have it all setup, this is my summer to thru hike the PCT and change my life as I know it forever. I am have dreamt of this hike and now tomorow I set off to actually hike it. I can't describe how I feel and I know absolutely nothing about what I will see, experience, or feel. I am an expert backpacker and I have a ton of knowledge, but nothing I know or have done will prepare me for this next six months. When it comes to the PCT, I know nothing at all and that is a scary but true realization. Thank you to my mom and dad, my family, my friends, my best friend Nanuk dog, and everyone else who has made this possible for me. I wish I had something profound to say, but I don't.

" May all my trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May my mountains rise into and above the clouds." .. So here I go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment