Followers

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Halfway

I am now halfway to  Canada. I have taken alot of time off the trail and I am behind my orignial plan, but I have taken the time off that I needed and I know that my journey has been exactly what it has needed to be. The trail is great, hard work, my feet are so sore, but I am making progress and hope to be in Canada by the end of October. The meadows out here are just like scenes out of the movie Bambi, so vivid in color and life. My days start early and the trail is filled with the smell of lilacs early in the morning and the nights start with the sky displaying all colors of the rainbow. The butterflies dance in every direction and it gives me a sense of hope and a reminder that beauty can be found in even the smallest of things. Trail life is an amazing way to live. The wild flowers decorate even the most dark, dusty and dead places out here. The forests are full of deadfall and mosquitos, but it is wonderful and I intend on finishing. The ridges are covered with rock and overlook lakes that glisten in the distance, the trail is amazing. I feel strong but weak, however, I am going to complete this trail and I will adapt to whatever comes my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment