Followers

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Washington

Well, I thought yesterday was really my final day on the PCT at(mile 2,223), however, this morning I woke up in Trout Lake, WA and realized that I had more inside of me and that I still wanted to give it a go, so I went back out to the PCT in the pouring rain and started hiking again. I made it four miles and then I fell down and started to cry, I cried my eyea out,it was there in the rain all alone that I realized I had to try all I could to make it to Canada, and that I was not at peace with stopping before I had tried everything. So, I made a plan, I am going to give myself until the first week of November to make it to Canada, I am going to watch the weather forecast like crazy, when there are good days I am going to hike huge miles, then on bad days I am going to go into towns, dry out, warm up, eat and reassess my plan. I know some days getting into towns will be cold and wet, but it is only temporary and I have come so far, I have to try, until I can come to peace for myself with a decision. I have learned so much during the miles on this Trail and I believe I have grown up, I have seen beauty few will ever see, met friends who will forever hold a place in my heart, I have shared so much of myself and been so lucky to share wonderful moments out here with others. I have come to realize that life is not worth anything without the people you love and I have so many great people in my life.
I don't know whether this plan of mine will work, but I am going to try and when I finally realize what to do, then I will do it. The PCT has taken me into the depths of myself, into places I never wanted to visit and never thought were there, I have been forced to remember and think about all the moments in my life, both good and bad, I have thought about all my failures, hardships, wrong doings,mistakes, regrets and successes in my life and through all of the time spent in my own head, thinking, wondering and praying I have become a totally different person. I dont think I know just how different I am from this journey yet.

Back in Trout Lake, WA, tomorow is suppose to be good, so I will head back out in the morning and see how far I can get..

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    This is Bruce and Rob from the Reno Airport McDonald's (July 25), we also met on the PCT just north of the Blue Lake road -- Remember?

    We are thinking of you and hoping everything goes well for you. Please be safe and stay tuned to the weather.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete