Followers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

180 miles

My last few days have been crazy long and hard. it has been snowing, cold, wet and lonely. I have slept wet and cold and my body is tired. The nights prove to be long and cold and then when I awake on the trail and watch the sun open the world around me my will to keep hiking is renewed. All I see are mountain ranges after mountain ranges in the sky that seem to be endless, ranges that I have yet to explore, experience, and fall in love with. Mt. ranges that seem to just be waiting for me, so they can challenge me and teach me, it is this feeling that makes me feel alive and happy. It is a wonderful feeling to watch the world awake each day and to say goodnight to the day each night while sleeping under the stars and dreaming about what beauty you will see tomorrow. It is strange to see snakes, lizards, cactus and then snow, there is so much change and life out here, so much power.. I am a very lucky person to see what I have seen, the beauty is so grand and so much more than I can ever really understand, I am a lucky person to be able to be out here among the wilds of the Trail. My body is tired though, sore as can be, sometimes just bending over to pick up a water bottle is too much, my knees are hurting bad as well and it is discouraging because I want to be strong, I want to keep going, but my body is slowing down. Whatever happens, I am happy to be on the Trail, I can't wait to see what the next days will bring. I pray for strength and safety, I pray the miles to come will show me more grace and help make me a better person.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! put your headlamp on a chocolate bar and turn it off. Your 28 now, you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay strong, you're one scary bad chick! Love to ya -Susie

    ReplyDelete