Followers

Friday, May 6, 2011

First week on the PCT

I have had six days of hiking and I have done 110 miles, I am now in warner springs, ca. I can't say enough about how difficult the last couple of days have been, the hiking is not hard at all, but oh the heat, heat, heat, and rattlesnakes, 20 mile days,no shade, little water, water with dead mice in it or out of a horse trough,  and catcus that jumps out at you. It has been the hottest most tiring days of my life. I have felt like a thanksgiving turkey in the oven for six days now and it is only the beginning. However, when the heat dies down in the early evening the desert comes alive, the beauty is grand and its all around, it is a powerful feeling to walk in the desert. It is an environment that screams get out stupid humans, it is a place where flowers of all kinds light up the harsh brown dust and a place where the stars can be seen forever at night. It has a certain type of magic, the renlentless 100 degree plus temps remind me daily that my body and soul are still very much alive. I have got to push myelf so much just to keep going, keep walking and keep learning. I feel strong and so I am happy, but I so can't wait until this desert part is over..

No comments:

Post a Comment