Followers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

370 miles and I can't see Mexico anymore

The last days have been great!! The days start around 5 am for me and the miles seem to just fly each day. I have settled into trail life and I am happy with the routine the days have given me. The days are filled with so much beauty both from other people and from the land. The fog every morning covers the peaks almost completly that it seems as though they are floating in the sky. The trail turns up, down, side to side, and around everyday, its like a rollercoaster. Words nor pictures can do justice to the experience of this trail. The people I have hiked with are so amazing and the random strangers that are willing to drop everything just to help a hiker are aweome. Sometimes I feel as though I am a character of a great book, a book that is still being written. I have been so lucky to have seen what I have in the last few days and I feel myself growing stronger each day, I feel so alive, so happy out here. I miss home alot,but this is my life for the next 4 or so months and it is a great life. The miles are easy for me, but the other aspects sometimes prove to be overwhleming, none the less, I am grounded out here. I am now in Wrightwood, I got here yesterday and will start hiking again tomorow a.m.

Please visit my "Thru Hike for CASA" facebook page and help support CASA in anyway you can!!

1 comment:

  1. What's the sweetest flower you have seen so far?

    ReplyDelete